It may be a good idea for you to hire a roofing company in the Dallas, Texas, area to inspect your roof this fall. Experts suggest a roof inspection biannually in the spring and fall. The spring and fall are typically considered the less extreme seasons of the year. Checking your roof for minor issues before an extreme weather change may increase the structural integrity of your system. If your roof is damaged, the winter will exacerbate the problem. The company you hire should look for these characteristics during your roof inspection:
- Worn Out Shingles: It is common for shingles to show some signs of wear and tear, but cracks, bending and bare spots could lead to bigger issues.
- Water Damage: Stained siding, bowed shingles, soft roof decking and clogged gutters could point to a leak, which may become worse as the water starts to freeze over the winter.
- Functioning Vents: Good ventilation may lead to a longer roof service life and better energy efficiency, so your fall roof inspection should include checking the vents.
- Pest-Free Attic: Pests living in your attic will not necessarily hurt your roof, but your regular roof inspection is a good time to find signs of and make plans to eradicate any infestations.
- Damaged Flashing: Flashing adds extra water resistance to chimneys, roof vents, pipes and other protrusions, which is why rust spots, cracks, missing sections and loose areas could bode poorly for your roof.
- Vegetation Growth: This could be a sign of roof decay, but even if your roof is healthy, vegetation could lead to shingle damage.
Regular roof maintenance will help you find issues before they become big problems. It is a smart idea to make sure your roofing, siding, gutters and windows are all structurally sound before the harsh winter weather makes its way to the Dallas, TX area. Schedule your fall roof inspection today with the local roofing experts.