Asphalt shingles and metal roofing are among the most popular roofing choices. To help you choose, Compass Roofing and Construction, Texas homeowners’ roofing company of choice, explains the features and benefits of both types:
- Green alternative: Asphalt shingles are popular among homeowners who prioritize sustainability. Asphalt shingles can be recycled and used as by-products for paving.
- Economical: Asphalt shingles are affordable, making them a go-to option for homeowners across the country. Don’t worry—the low cost doesn’t mean you’ll get short-changed for value, as this roofing type is extremely durable and reliable.
- Long Lifespan: Asphalt shingles have relatively long life spans. Though decaying can become an issue due to sudden weather changes, regular maintenance will help your asphalt shingle roof perform well throughout its service life.
- Fire Resistance: Metal roofing is famous for being highly fire resistant. It is non-combustible and has a class A fire rating. In the unlikely event of a fire outbreak, metal roofing gives you added protection.
- Heat Conduction: Because metal reflects heat from the sun, metal roofing can minimize midday heat. As a result, you reduce your dependence on HVAC unit and increase your home’s energy efficiency.
- Ease of Installation: A roofing replacement takes time. Metal roofing, however, is among the easiest roofing options to install, which helps you minimize both the disturbance to your daily routine and the labor cost.
In the end, it boils down to your personal preference as the homeowner. Both roofing options have their own set of features and benefits that can cater to specific needs.
Compass Roofing and Construction offers competitive prices with a value that no other construction company in your area can match. We work diligently to provide beautiful roofs in a timely manner so you won’t have to look elsewhere. We serve Dallas and Fort Worth, TX. Give us a call at (817) 349-8129 so we can set up a free, no-obligation quote at your convenience.